Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 04, 2008

Surviving the Super Bowl

Did everyone survive the Super Bowl? I am not a big professional football fan. College football is big in our house (War Eagle baby!), so usually Super Bowl Sunday passes pretty uneventfully. Not this year. My sweet hubby, whose praises I was just singing last week, decided to throw an impromptu get together with a few friends. This decision was made Sunday morning on the way to church. Do I need to remind everyone what a horrible housekeeper I am?

We raced home after church and began the cleaning frenzy. Even my sweet children were in charge of picking up all of their toys. There was a flurry of vacuuming, dusting, and washing. All for what... I didn't even know who was playing. I did pick a team and root with all my might for their victory. Guess what, I picked the Giants. Yeah, me!

Our friends came over, we ate more than we should, my house got cleaned in the process, and a good time was had by all. That sounds like a Super Sunday to me!

No comments: