Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Thankful Thursday- Parents

Today I wanted to express how grateful I am to have been raised by my parents. I'm sure your parents are great (grin) but I was truly blessed with parents who really invested in me in very different ways.

My mom was the one who really kept us grounded in church growing up. As a teenager I had several rebellious phases! I fear my sweet daughters may inherit that from me. Mom endured those years with such grace and taught me so much that I now use as I parent my daughters.

I did not understand a lot of the things my dad did until I was much older. I now see a lot of him in myself and I understand him more. Through the years there are things I held against him (and I'm sure he against me) that I'm now grateful to see in a new light. They have also made me a better parent and hopefully a better daughter to him.

I am so blessed to have the parents that I have. I love them both! They have truly affected who I am and have made a better person and a better parent!

Proverbs 17:6b ...and parents are the pride of their children.

Head on over to Sting My Heart for more Thankful Thursday posts.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Chandra,

Happy TT! What a sweet tribute to your parents!

Hope you have a great day!

Irene said...

Your post made me think about what kind of parent I am. How important what I do is that it will be reflected in my children's lives. How are we to know?

Denise said...

Such a lovely tribute to your parents. May they always be blessed.

NH Yocal said...

That is really sweet and so important. I think a lot of times we really do forget to be thankful for our parents.

eph2810 said...

It truly is indeed a blessing to be raised by Godly parents. I sure am thankful that I was raised that way.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Blessings to you and yours...