Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, April 14, 2008

100 Things

Congratulations! You made it through 100 posts with me! Whether this is your 1st post to read of mine or you've read all 100 I'm glad you're here!

To celebrate my 100th post I will tell you 100 things about myself that you may or may not already know. Please leave me comments on what we have in common! Here we go!

1. I am a Christian.
2. I asked Jesus into my heart when I was 6 1/2 years old.
3. I have been married for 10 1/2 years.
4. My husband's name is Alex.
5. For our 10th anniversary he took me to Hawaii for a week!
6. I always wanted 4 children.
7. I only have 2 girls.
8. I will not be having any more children!
9. My oldest daughter, Abby, is 7 years old.
10. My youngest daughter, Alyssa, is 5 years old.
11. I had postpartem depression after Alyssa's birth.
12. Postpartem depression stinks!
13. I met my husband at Auburn University.
14. I have a Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education from Auburn.
15. Hubby has a Bachelor's in Computer Science.
16. I am a huge Auburn football fan- WAR EAGLE!
17. I taught 1st grade for 3 years.
18. I do not plan on ever teaching again.
19. I now teach 1st grade Sunday School so I don't feel like I'm wasting my education abilities.
20. When I entered Auburn in 1992, I wanted to be a Veterinarian.
21. I changed majors 2 times.
22. I have a 9 year old Yorkshire Terrier.
23. His name is Jonathan Rashleigh.
24. He is named after a New Kid on the Block!
25. I love 80's music.
26. I especially love 80's hair metal bands (Def Leppard anyone!)
27. I have had the same best friend since I was 4 years old.
28. My kids go to the same school my husband graduated from.
29. I am a terrific driver!
30. I work part-time at my church in the childcare department.
31. I live 15 minutes from my mom and dad.
32. I live 3 minutes from my in-laws.
33. We lived in a suburb of Memphis, TN for 3 1/2 years when we 1st got married.
34. We moved to the Birmingham area when we had our 1st daughter.
35. Hubby and I love to travel when we get the opportunity.
36. In 2006, he took me to Sydney, Australia.
37. His company sent him there for a conference so I tagged along.
38. I have touched a Koala (which is not a bear) and a Kangaroo!
39. For my 30th birthday, hubby took me to New York City for the first time.
40. I was on the plaza at the Today show on my 30th birthday (May 28, 2004).
41. For my 31st birthday, he planned a surprise trip to San Antonio, TX.
42. For my 32nd birthday, we stayed at home!
43. I am going to Ecuador in May on a mission trip with my church.
44. I will be working with a local church to teach them how to do "children's church" while the adults meet.
45. The one thing I've always wanted to do that I haven't done yet is swim with dolphins.
46. I have been swimming with stingrays, though!
47. It was cool, but I want dolphins!
48. I have 1 older sister that I have always looked up to.
49. I drive a minivan.
50. I wish I did not!
51. I am an awful cook.
52. I am an even worse housekeeper!
53. I'm great at reading kids books.
54. You should hear me do the voices in Wombat Divine by Mem Fox!
55. I am 5 ft. 10 in. tall and have been that tall since 7th grade!
56. No, I don't play basketball.
57. I do play volleyball and softball when given the opportunity.
58. I have suffered from migraines since I was a teenager.
59. I now take medicines daily to try to prevent them.
60. It doesn't always work.
61. I love to scrapbook... when I have time (LOL)
62. I make a scrapbook for each of my girls plus one for myself.
63. I am currently 2 years behind!
64. I am teaching my oldest daughter how to scrap.
65. I also know how to sew and embroider.
66. I can smock dresses but haven't had time in over a year.
67. I play Bunco with a group of friends from church once a month.
68. They say I'm the loudest in the group.
69. I love warm weather.
70. My favorite movie is Grease.
71. My favorite kids movie is Lady and the Tramp.
72. My favorite children's book is The Very Quiet Cricket by Eric Carle. (It takes a good woman to bring out the best in a man - go read it!)
73. I love to shop for my clothes at The Gap.
74. I get my kids clothes from The Gap, The Children's Place, Limited Too, and Target.
75. Hubby's clothes come mostly from Eddie Bauer.
76. We do not eat much fruit.
77. It's a chore to get my kids to eat apples, bananas, and grapes, let alone anything more exotic!
78. We eat lots of vegetables, meats, pastas, and breads.
79. Both of my children are underweight.
80. Hubby and I are not :)
81. I love to read celebrity gossip.
82. I subscribed to People magazine for 8 years!
83. I felt like it was becoming an addiction and decided to let it go!
84. I would probably pass out if I ever met someone famous.
85. I have watched Days of Our Lives since I was 15 years old.
86. For those doing the math that is 18 (almost 19) years!
87. Following my People magazine theory, I should probably give that up, too.
88. I will not!
89. I love Steve and Kayla and the new John and Marlena. (on Days)
90. I read the newspaper everyday.
91. It drives me nuts if someone else messes it up before I can read it!
92. I like to do Sudoku puzzles.
93. I am horrible at talking on the phone.
94. I will forget to call you back.
95. I am much better at email.
96. If you don't see me write it down, it's not going to happen!
97. Hubby and I completed Financial Peace University (by Dave Ramsey) in the fall.
98. We are debt free (except our house).
99. I don't wear much jewelry.
100. I sleep with a stuffed bear. (yes, still!)

There you have it! 100 things about me! I now return you to your regular programming!


7 comments:

Dee said...

Congratulations! 100...wooooo hooooo!
I know you and I would be good friends if we lived in the same Area! I like your 100 things about you..........!


Dee

bp said...

Congrats on 100 posts! I enjoyed your list. I taught first grade for one year and second grade (at different schools) for two years.
I like to do Sudoku puzzles sometimes. I don't wear much jewelry either.

Unknown said...

First of all, I want to say ROLLLLLL TIDE!! :D

I found you over at Mom of 2 Dancers and saw that you were a fellow Alabamian (actually the same area) and thought I'd come over and say hello!!!

Are you excited about NKOTB coming back? ;)

Ed & Jeanne said...

I had fun in Ecuador. It was nicer than I had anticipated.

Anonymous said...

We have a few things in common- I'm a Christian, I try to be a terrific driver, I love to scrapbook, I'm not underweight, I'm horrible and talking on the phone and we are debt free except for our house too.

So we're pretty much twins, huh?

CR said...

Congratulations on 100 posts!
Man, and I thought I knew everything about you! I love all 100 things!!! I hope you get to swim with dolphins soon!

Ginny said...

Oh congrats to you on making it 100! It was nice getting to know you even better hun :)