Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday- Provision


Psalm 103:5 (Contemporary English Version)

5Each day that we live, [a] he provides for our needs

and gives us the strength

of a young eagle.


This week I am especially thankful for how the Lord has provided for me in a particular area of my life. Of course I am grateful for his provision of our household daily needs, but He has gone above and beyond in a particular area and I want to show His glory to all of you!


I have been called to go on a mission trip to Ecuador at the end of May with my church. When I first started feeling like I should go, I was very hesitant. It is a medical mission trip and I am not in the medical field. I spoke with the person leading the trip and shared me feelings. I told him that I felt the call to go, but that my heart was for working with children. He said that on this trip for the first time they would be using a children's curriculum and teaching the churches they are planting how to do children's church! That's why I was called to go on this trip!


So I signed up and payed my deposit. Then I went about raising money. Within a month my trip was fully funded! The Lord fully provided the call and the funds for me to go on the trip! He has even provided extra money that is now in an account for a future trip that I am waiting to be called to go on.

It has been so exciting for me to see scripture fulfilled in my life and to know that the Lord is going to do mighty things in the lives of the children I meet in Ecuador! I am so thankful that He is my provider!

For more Thankful Thursday posts go to Sting My Heart.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you always dear one.

Dee said...

that is wonderful! Praise God. I'll be along with you on that trip in Spirit and will look forward to hearing about the trip!