Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, February 22, 2008

Time for a Vote

Fear not, this has nothing to do with politcs! I need some help! It's my turn to host Bunco and I need to pick a theme. If you're not familiar with Bunco, its a dice game played with 12 people usually once a month. Each person hosts it one time a year and it is my turn. It is so much fun because it requires no skill, you just roll 3 dice and try to roll 3 of the same number. When you do you yell "Bunco" as loud as you can. It is a loud, fun game and you win prizes. Who doesn't love that?

Last year I did an 80s theme. Everyone brought a picture of themselves from back in the day and we listened to a great mix of 80s music on my ipod. There was a prize for the best picture and signs all around the room that said "Gag me with a spoon" and "Totally Awesome". The best part of the night was when Vanilla Ice came on the ipod and everyone simultaneously stopped rolling to sing "Stop, collaborate and listen!"

So how do I follow that? I need another great theme and I have narrowed it down to two choices that I can't pick between. So I need you to vote!

One choice is "pajama party" where everyone comes in or changes into pajamas. We would eat pizza for dinner and listen to High School Musical songs. Maybe even do a little karaoke between rounds. The prizes would be spa type things like eye masks and lotions and nail kits.









The other choice is a "Grease party" where everyone would dress in 50s gear. The best 50s outfit would get a bonus prize. Music would be the soundtrack to Grease and food would be hamburgers, hotdogs, fries, and shakes. The prizes for winning Bunco would be a little harder, though. I don't really know what to do for those or if most people would be able to pull off a 50s outfit.



So go to the comment section and vote now! I need to send out invites on Tuesday so I REALLY need some help here!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

It's super easy but doesn't taste like it is. :)

Jen said...

I've never played Bunco, but I hear it's a blast! Anyways, my vote is for the PJ party! Who doesn't wanna sit around and be comfy in their pj's? That sounds like a blast! Thanks for the funny comment about my daughter's drawing on herself fest! Have a great day!

Lisa said...

Grease is my vote. :)

bp said...

I've never played either. I like both of your ideas. My vote is for the pajama party. Let us know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

I vote PJs. This may or may not have to do with the fact that I stayed in mine for most of the day today.

Lesley said...

I vote grease theme. I have the cutest outfit!

Anonymous said...

Kim Rushton's vote. I vote for PJ Bunko as I would have a hard time pulling off a Grease outfit, but I do love Grease. Plus, I could set you up with some spa gifts if you want. :)

Dee said...

GO GREASED LIGHTING! I'm voting 50's theme

United Studies said...

PJ Party!

Don Mills Diva said...

I'd love to go to either of those parties but I'd have to say probably the Grease theme - yummm - hamburgers!

Anonymous said...

Is this Co-ed? If it is, I vote Grease! Give out hilarious hair gel as a gift. (Bed Head is a fun sounding brand or get some from Dollar Tree).

If it is all girls, the PJ party sounds fun! If there were men around, I would not be comfy running around in my PJ's and would need to by some more modest! Keep in mind that most men would find it very distracting to think of and then go to a co-ed pajama party! Yikes!