Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

WFMW- My Girls are Crafty

My two girls are very crafty. Not sneaky crafty, but artsy crafty. They love to do any kind of art project. I found that their art projects were taking over my house! And because they love to do them so much, everybody began to give them cute art projects for gifts, which we love to do but we couldn't get a handle on the mess.

Luckily, my dear hubby is a much better organizer than I, and he came up with the idea of using these office organizers for the girls craft stuff. There is one in each corner of our eat-in kitchen. This one is labeled for crayons, glue, stickers, crayons, coloring books, and all types of paper products:

This one holds all the craft kits we have received. At any given time when they are bored they can go get modeling clay, make sand art, create their own soap, or create a Spot (one of their favorites). Of course their is much more in the drawers and I'm sure they can list every item in there but you get the picture!
The main thing is they have freedom to craft and clean up-YEAH! Here is Abby's latest creation that she made Sunday afternoon. Alyssa was over at the grandparent's house with Dad so Abby made this for her. Any guesses what it is?
It's a music stand! She made it out of construction paper rolled up. It will actually raise and lower. How about that? The green piece is folded up to hold the sheet music.
Here you can see the back that she reinforced with a plastic knife because her sheet music kept flopping backwards :) LOL! I think that's pretty crafty for 7- years-old! Watch out Martha Stewart!

For more Works for Me Wednesday posts click here.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

That is one FABULOUS music stand! I don't think I would have come up with that and I'm WAY older than 7... Great job!

Lisa said...

That is to cute, I used to do stuff like that all the time when I was her age. :)

Dee said...

What a sweetie she is! Tell her that Its the best music stand I have ever seen!

Dee

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

Ahh... how cute!!

CR said...

I have the smartest nieces in the world! I especially love the adjusting part, that's too cool!

bp said...

Very creative indeed!! I love the organization ideas.