Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, September 24, 2007

The Worst Housekeeper

I am going to take a detour from Days today because I honestly don't know if I will even get to watch today's episode. I don't know if you have a friend who's house makes you feel a little better about your own housekeeping. If you do not, I am here to be that friend today! I think I can declare myself the worst housekeeper! I really do try. I just stink at it!

Take today, for instance. I spent 3 hours this morning cleaning my house. Do you know what my sister's house would like if she cleaned for 3 hours? I guarantee you could eat off the floors and all your clothes would be neatly folded and waiting in your drawers! I don't know how she does it. Now at my house after 3 hours of cleaning, this is what I am left with:



An end table with a pile of junk!

A computer desk screaming for organization!


A dining room I dare not enter!!!!

So what exactly did I do for 3 hours, you ask. I did wash dishes. I did sweep and mop the kitchen and the bathrooms. And lets not forget the monumentous task of vacuuming even though you will not be able to tell it as soon as my darling children set foot into the house. So for the 3 hours of work I do have a kitchen that looks half-way decent:
Don't hold the Totino's pizza box on the counter against me. I had to write this during my lunch break. Then it's right back to cleaning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am clearly not the friend you are envious of. At this point I couldn't tell you when the last time I mopped may have been. That would be because we are walking on plywood/floor glue/wood filler in preparation for the real thing aka carpet. This should happen sometime after we finish priming in order to have cabinets built downstairs, before we paint, before we lay hardwood. Does it ever end???????????

CR said...

HAVE I TOLD YOU LATELY THAT I LOVE YOU?
There's no way I'd put up a picture of our study right now. I'm just glad we have a pathway to the computer, now that I've picked up all the pennies William had flung all over the floor. I think we'll be fifty still finding pennies everywhere.
Just wanted to say, You go girl!