Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 14, 2008

I'm an Awful Cook, but ...

Look what I made last night!


Usually when I cook, I make things straight out of a box. We're talking Hamburger Helper, taco kits, even spaghetti straight from the jar (I do add meat). If it's not easy, we don't eat it!

Well, we have been watching the Biggest Loser this season and trying to get in shape as best we can. My sweet hubby is even going to the gym several times a week and looking quite good. You can imagine how our eating habits are not contributing to his weight loss goals!

A few weeks ago, Bob Harper (one of the trainers on the Biggest Loser) mentioned the ZipLoc Zip and Steam bags and talked about how easy they are to use. Well, as you know, easy is my language! So I immediately bought them, but didn't use them until last night!

It was so easy and tasted great! Here's what I did: I cut up 1/2 of a fresh zucchini, put in some baby carrots, broccoli and cauliflower (they came pre-cut and washed). Then I added about a teaspoon of olive oil and a sprinkle of seasoned salt and popped it in the microwave for about 3 minutes. It wasn't quite done so I added another minute to finish the carrots and it was perfect! I will definitely do this again.

Has anyone else tried these? I have 9 more bags and want to try some more recipes!



5 comments:

Ginny said...

That looks good & something I can do. I am an out of the box type gal myself, lol. I haven't tried those, will have to pick them up.

Anonymous said...

good job! Get away from that box stuff. If you want some help cooking healthier search for Saving Dinner over at my blog. i have been using them for over a year and love it!!

bp said...

This looks tasty. I like the variety!

Unknown said...

I watch the biggest loser too and was wondering if these bags really worked! It looks yummy! I'd love to find more recipes as well for those! It just looks too easy and fun! I'm trying to lose as well and have been working out. I just need more healthy alternatives that are easy and fun for the kids!

Jen said...

P.S. the comment before about watching the biggest loser, etc from jen was from me. I was just accidentally logged into my other gmail account (the one I use for spam emails to go to). Hence the missing pic and profile!