Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 28, 2008

I hate housecleaning

Last week my one goal for the day was going to the grocery store. Today I really need to clean the house ... but I hate cleaning my house. Don't get me wrong, I love the way my house looks when its clean. I feel better when my house is clean. I even feel like I've accomplished something after I've cleaned. I just hate doing it! It seems to take me so much longer to do even the simplest things. Does anyone else feel like that?

I did a post a while back where I cleaned for hours but didn't feel there was any evidence of it (refer to The Worst Housekeeper). So now instead of actually cleaning, I am once again writing about needing to clean! Does that make any sense?

I need some accountability here people! I will post pictures later of the progress. Yes that will take away from the cleaning, but it will provide me with a break! See you back here later!

Updated to add: So after hours of cleaning I managed to clean one room of the house. But at least it's the main room of the house!

I spend so much time doing precleaning (cleaning the sink before I wash the dishes, etc.) that I don't get much else done. I also did 2 loads of laundry. Don't think for one second that either of those loads are actually in drawers (wink). We'll live out of the laundry basket for at least a few days!


3 comments:

Ginny said...

I am the same exact way. I am terrible at cleaning. I can spend hours & my husband can't even tell I did anything, lol. He can spend 15 minutes & I am amazed. Not sure what I do wrong, LOL.

Diane Meyer said...

I'm not a happy camper while I'm cleaning house and my family has been known to leave specifically because I'm on a cleaning bender. That can't be good. But I like the house when it is clean. Then nobody better touch anything. Boy, I sound like a barrel of fun to live with! Good thing I don't clean too often, I guess.
Your clean main room looks awesome-clean. How joyful to see the light reflected in the floor. :-)
Diane

Amanda said...

Passing through and read your blog. I'm a cleaner--I love to clean, but I also hate to clean. I've written several posts about this. I know exactly where you are coming from.

At least from 1-2 we can take a break so we can "escape reality" to watch Days. :O)