Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Getting More Personal

I'm going to give this blog another run and try to make it a little more personal. There are tons of blogs I read every day, but I can't seem to get my act together enough to write one. So far, I've always tried writing about something. I think this time I might take the Seinfeld approach and write more often, even if it's about nothing (grin).

Sometimes my day is just hectic and crazy and I struggle to stay sane! Some days I feel like mom of the year. I want to be able to look back at both my victories and my disasters and know that in every case I did the best I could.

One small success I had this morning was with my youngest daughter Alyssa. She's 4 and 1/2. She was feeling particularly persnickety this morning and did not want to tell me what she wanted for breakfast or even what she wanted to drink. Well mornings in our house are very rushed. None of us are morning people so we sleep until we absolutely have to get up. I will admit I have been known to lose my temper when either of my girls gets in one of these moods. Not this morning! Today, I very calmly told her that she could pick her breakfast or I could but that was her choice. Then came the sass! I continued my unusual calm voice and called her into the kitchen and told her that she needed to watch her voice and speak with respect. It took a few minutes and a few demonstrations of what her voice sounded like, but we got there.

No comments: